TAP – Access Course for Higher Education – Young Adults TAP
CertificationQQI level 5
**APPLICATIONS TO BE RECEIVED BY THE 11th OF SEPTEMBER**
Liberties College is one of three colleges of further education working in partnership with the Trinity College Dublin Access Programmes to provide access courses to Higher Education. On successful completion of this course students may apply directly for entry to degree courses in Trinity College Dublin in the Faculties of Arts and Social Sciences and to other universities through the CAO.
Principal areas of study
- English Literature
- Personal & Professional Development
- Social Studies
- Political Studies
- Communications/Study Skills
- IT Skills
- Educational Guidance
- European Studies
(Modules offered may be subject to change).
"Liberties College was one in a life time experience. The course went amazing, my two favourite subjects were English Literature and Politics. In English I got to express myself, my opinions and views. In Politics, I was informed what was going on in the world. Next year I will be doing Law and Political Science"
FEATURES OF THE COURSE
The course takes place in Liberties College and students participate in a range of ‘taster’ activities in Trinity College.
TAP progression is to Arts and Social Science courses in Trinity College through the facilitated entry link. Please see https://www.tcd.ie/trinityaccess for information. TAP students can also apply for courses in other higher education institutions through the Higher Education Links Scheme. Examples are provided below.
- DN520 L8 Arts – UCD
- MH101 L8 Arts – NUI Maynooth
- DC295 L8 Arts & Politics – Dublin City University
- DC010 L8 Post Primary Religion & English – DCU
- DC011 L8 Post Primary Teaching Religion & History – DCU
- DC292 L8 Arts & Law – Dublin City University
- Age: Students must be between 17 and 22 years old on entry.
- Academic: Minimum 5 Ordinary grade 6s and at least one Higher grade 5 in the Leaving Certificate (applicants must pass English and Mathematics. A pass means grade O6/H7 or above on ordinary or higher papers in the Leaving Certificate. A pass in foundation level Mathematics is acceptable for minimum entry requirements) We will also consider applications from applicants with a distinction in the Leaving Certificate Applied and applicants with a QQI-FET Level 5 award.
- Socioeconomic: This course is for students with the ability to succeed in higher education, who have experienced difficulties or come from backgrounds which do not have a tradition of going to university. Family income must qualify the applicant to receive a third level grant and family occupation should be within an employment category which is underrepresented in higher education
Check out TAP – Arts and Social Sciences Foundation Course
Applications are still open and must be received by September 11th 2021
To be eligible for a place on this popular course applicants must meet the same socio-economic criteria as for HEAR (Higher Education Access Route)
- Please check out the eligibility indicators at the following websitehttps://accesscollege.ie/hear/making-an-application/eligibility-indicators/
- Applicants must be under 22 years of age in the year they apply
- Applicants must have 5 O6’s/H7 and at least 1 H5 in their Leaving Certificate
- A pass in foundation level Mathematics is acceptable for minimum entry requirements
- Be eligible for the Government Free Fees Scheme or EU Fees
- This course is a broad Arts taster course offering students the opportunity to sample subjects such as Politics, Social Studies and Research Methods, before committing to a third level course
- Students progress into third level well prepared for the ‘different’ type of learning environment which is offered at university
- On successful completion, students apply through CAO for a reserved number of places in Arts and Social Sciences in Trinity College
- Students can also apply using their QQI qualification (5M3114) for places in UCD, Maynooth, DCU, IADT and many other courses in third level who accept the 5M3114 QQI award