- Employment opportunities in theatre, film & television, acting, teaching drama, theatre-in-education, theatre directing and the general entertainment industry.
- Our students progress to a number of Drama & Musical Theatre colleges in the U.K.
Advanced Actor Training
CertificationQQI level 6 Classical Acting & Trinity Guildhall London Performance Diploma
An advanced course in Actor Training and Musical Theatre, offering training to reach professional performing standards. This is an advanced course for applicants with relevant experience. Participants work as a performing company and are in production throughout the academic year in a professional theatre.
Principal areas of study
- Elizabethan & Jacobean Drama
- Renaissance Audition
- Restoration Comedy
- Musical Theatre Performance
- Dance, Singing, Voice
- Work Experience
- Personal and Professional Development
- Wardrobe Management
- Audition Preparation
“From day one the encouragement I received from all my tutors was fantastic. I really enjoyed the variety of classes, the dramatic productions and especially the Musical. I learnt so much, it really prepared me for the real world!”
FEATURES OF THE COURSE
- Two dramatic productions and one full scale musical theatre production in a professional theatre venue
- Performance students studying at all levels in the College participate in the staged musical, as performers or technicians
- This course is designed for committed students who wish to train and practice their craft in a fully professional environment
- The Diploma is an internationally recognised professional Performance award granted by Trinity College London. This award facilitates a progression to the Level 7 Licentiate Diploma in either/both Performance and the Drama Teaching Diploma
- TU962 L8 Drams Performance – TU Dublin City Campus
- DN520 L8 B.A. with Drama – University College Dublin
- 56636 L8 Acting – LIR Trinity College
Entry to the course is by audition /workshop and interview. A minimum of one year previous training in performance is required with experience and qualifications equivalent to the Performance – Drama Foundation Programme.