This course offers students a path to self-employment as a craft specialist or working for one of the many companies in the sector.
This one year full-time level 6 course is for students who want to develop in-depth skills in ceramics, sculpture or painting. The course combines skills with entrepreneurship and work practice to help students who want to earn an income from their passion for art & craft.
Principal areas of study
- Design Skills (Glass)
- Work Experience
- Creative Application Ceramics
- Combined Materials
- Woven Textiles
- Exhibition Techniques
- Ceramic Craft Skills
(Modules offered may be subject to change)
FEATURES OF THE COURSE
- Students develop in-depth skills in their chosen area of specialisation, including a deeper understanding of the history and the evolution of artistic techniques.
- Students develop a strong working knowledge of Art and Craft Skills
- Each student gets one to one tuition with skilled arts & crafts professionals. Work placement experience which offers real opportunities to engage with professional art and craft practioners.
- Collaborative working methods.
- AD101 L8 Art & Design – National College of Art & Design
- AD204 L8 Fine Art & Design – National College of Art & Design
- DL827 L8 Art – IADT
- Students should have a QQI Level 5 in Art, Craft, Design or its equivalent
- Mature applicants who have done short part-time or introductory craft courses are especially welcome.
- As this is a skills based course with limited places, examples of applicants prior work will be assessed prior to acceptance on the course.