The Certificate in Early Learning and Care is the new standard for childcare education in Ireland. This one-year full-time course prepares students to work with young children aged 0-6 years. It is ideal for both school-leavers and experienced mature persons seeking a formal qualification. Successful students enjoy excellent employment prospects.
Students will complete work placement in a variety of childcare settings. As childcare is a position of trust, Garda Vetting is a prerequisite for the mandatory work placements on this course.
**If you have already applied for Early Learning Care and Education Level 5 your application will automatically transfer to ELC Level 5.
PRINCIPAL AREAS OF STUDY
- Professional Practice Placement in Early Learning and Care
- Children’s Rights, Legislation and Regulations
- Holistic Care of Children 0 – 6 years
- Early Childhood Growth and Development
- Curriculum, Play and Creative Studies
- Understanding and Assisting Children with Additional Needs
( Modules offered are subject to change).
FEATURES OF THE COURSE
- Strong emphasis on practice-based learning with 150 hours of work Experience in Childcare settings.
- Students acquire a good knowledge of normal development and the needs of young children
- Workshops during the year on safety, child development and
- Garda vetting for work experience
- 6M21471 L6 Advanced Certificate in Early Learning & Care Stage 2
- Childcare Creches
- Play Assistants in Hospitals
- Education: Leaving Certificate, including Leaving Certificate Applied or an NFQ Level 4 major award or equivalent.
- CERFL proficiency at B2 for access to Level 5 courses for those whose first language is not English. Mature learner entry requirements available via the local ETB pathway. Additional requirements may apply to non-EU/EEA Applicants and may be subject to full international fees (Please refer to Information for International Learners)
- Aptitude: Applicants should have an aptitude and interest in working with young children. They must have a motivation to learn, an interest in the subject and the ability to acquire the knowledge, skills and competencies set out in the course.
I leaned so much about children that I never knew before. I had a lot of support from my friends and teachers who were a great help to me.
I would Highly recommend this course to people who like working with children and want to learn more about working in the childcare sector.