Ethical hacking is the process of testing a system’s networks for vulnerabilities against any malicious threats, thefts, or attacks that may lead to financial loss or other damages to the system. Our course is designed to introduce students to practical software and security understanding through hands-on workshops and an exploration of the social engineering perspectives of the cyberworld.
Principal areas of study
- Computer Systems Hardware
- Networking Essentials
- Operating Systems
- Computational Methods and Problem Solving
- Team Working
- Work Experience
- Programming and Design Principles
- ICT Security Policy and Management
(Modules offered are subject to change)
Features of this course
- Students complete a two week block of work experience in IT related businesses
- Ethical hacking practical workshops
- Practical experience in computer and network security
- Learners can avail of progression opportunities through the Higher Education Links Scheme
- 6M0695 L6 Computer Systems and Networks- Liberties College
- or to third level through the higher education links scheme
- Network installation and maintenance in home computer usage and in small business networks.
- IT Technician roles in large IT and service companies
This is an occupation in high demand, with strong employment growth, a high volume of vacancies and evidence that employers are having difficulties filling vacancies.