This new course is aimed at learners wishing to explore their next step in education and employment. It is ideally suited to those who had not yet decided on what they want to do next, prompting them to explore their own presumed preferences and decide what they are best suited to. Students study a range of subjects enabling them to engage in critical thinking, learning, and acknowledging their own contribution to future success by examining issues which will arise in work and learning contexts. On successful completion of the course, it is envisaged that students will be able to make person -centred, well-informed choices about their own lifelong learning requirements and act on these forward choices to pursue focused educational progression or employment options.
Principal areas of study
- 5N3631 CONCEPTS IN EDUCATION AND TRAINING
- 5N0690 COMMUNICATIONS
- 5N3632 INTERPERSONAL AND GROUP BEHAVIOUR
- 5N2985 PERSONAL AND PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT
- 5N1367 TEAMWORKING
- 5N3113 RESEARCH AND STUDY SKILLS
- 5N3633 TRAINING AND DEVELOPMENT CONTEXTS
- 5N3634 PSYCHOLOGY OF PEOPLE
- (Modules may be subject to change)
- On successful completion of the course graduates will be eligible to apply to Third Level Colleges through the Higher Education Links Scheme.
- Candidates must be 17 years or older before course commencement. Mature students are welcome.
- Students should have completed the Leaving Certificate, LCA or equivalent.