The ICT Associate Apprenticeship is the new National Apprenticeship Programme for all tech enthusiasts wishing to pursue a career in Ireland’s buoyant IT sector. FIT is the national coordinator for Level 6 Tech Apprenticeships. The programme enables participants to “earn while they learn” in leading tech companies. To avail of this opportunity, students opt for the Level 5 Pre Tech apprenticeship course in Liberties College. Upon completion, they are eligible to apply for a two year apprenticeship with a tech company.
Principal areas of study
- Computer Systems Hardware
- Networking Essentials
- Operating Systems
- Maths for IT
- Virtualisation Support
- Programming and Design Principals
- Work Studies
Features of this course
- Focused employability workshops with an expert from FIT.
- Work in a dedicated network lab
- Skilled tutors with industry experience
- Optional access to Microsoft certifications at no extra cost
- 6M0695 L6 Computer Systems and Networks- Liberties College
- TU716 L7 Networking Technologies – TU Dublin City Campus
- TU713 L7 Computer Engineering – TU Blanchardstown
- TU655 L6 Networking Technologies (learn & work) – TU Blanchardstown.
- Under the scheme, a number of approved tech companies recruit apprentices on a two year training programme. Candidates can expect to earn a wage starting at €250 per week during their training.
- 1-6 Months – Apprentices attend full-time off-the-job training and development
- 7-12 Months – On-the-job and off-the-job training and development (3 days work /2 days off-the-job training and development)
- 19-24 Months – On-the-job and off-the-job training and development (4 days work / 1 day off-the-job training and development)
- Network installation and maintenance in home computer usage and in small business networks.
- IT Technician roles in large IT and service companies
- General College Entry Requirements
- This course is suitable for mature students
- An interview will be required for all candidates. The programme seeks motivated tech enthusiasts with an aptitude and positive attitude to work in the ICT sector.
- Some candidates may qualify for grants such as BTEI, VTOS or SUSI.
Apprentices will play a critical part in providing access to a new talent pool of people with the right skills and know-how that are growing in demand in Industry.