** Course Full As Of 12/12/2023 Click Apply Now to add your name to the waiting list**
This course offers students the opportunity to pursue personal projects and explore their creative interests. The course is based on an open studio principle of student self-directed learning.
Tuition is provided by an experienced pottery teacher. Students will receive skills demonstrations in a range of pottery methods and techniques including; pinching, slabbing, coiling, glazing and throwing.
- Design development
- Project based assignment
- Exploring surface decoration
- Build proficiency and confidence in hand-building
- Practice learning and using slips, oxides, grogs,
textures, glazes, etc
FEATURES OF THE COURSE
- Tuition provided by experienced ceramics teacher • Access to ceramic workshop
- Basic equipment/ materials supplied
For health and safety reasons students should wear closed footwear (no sandals or flip flops) and be
aware that clothes may get messy although aprons will be provided.
This course caters for students who are new to working with clay or who want to refresh their existing skills. Application to the course is by enrolment
APPLICATION AND ENROLMENT:
- Application is by enrolment.
- Enrolment will take place online. To commence enrolment applicants are advised to visit and register at www.mit.enrol.ie/libertiesae/
- Tuition fees are paid by visa debit or credit card payable to City of Dublin ETB.
- Applicants will be required to enrol and pay the full fee, prior to commencement of the course.
Information correct at time of printing (15/03/23). The college reserves to right to make changes to course details.