Wednesdays 16.00 – 20.30hrs & two Saturdays per month 09:30 - 13:00hrs
Information correct at time of printing. The College reserves the right to make changes to course details.
As tourism is such a fast growing industry in Ireland and the number of overseas visitors to our shores is set to increase significantly over the next few years, the demand for qualified tour guides has never been higher. This course is aimed at people who have a genuine interest in their locality, have a very positive appreciation of Ireland’s history, culture, tradition and folklore and who are enthusiastic about sharing this with others. The industry requires professionals who hold the Fáilte Ireland Tour Guiding Badge and who can demonstrate the following qualities.
Excellent communication skills
Good leadership skills
Confidence in dealing with large groups of people
Passionate about their city and its surrounds
Ability to problem solve on the go
Possess an awareness of Health and Safety legislation
This course combines lectures with on the job work experience and role playing. Participants will learn about the business of tour guiding as well as gaining hands on experience. Participants will study the following
- Irish national Heritage and Culture 6N20231
- Irish Tour Guiding 6N20229
- National Tour Management 6N20230
In addition participants will have the opportunity to gain information on the following
- Safety & Health at work
- Digital Marketing
On successful completion of this course participants will receive the National Tour Guiding (white) Badge and may be included in the approved Tour Guide Directory that is hosted on the Fáilte Ireland website.
FEATURES OF THE COURSE
▪ Tuition provided by experienced Tour Guides/ Historians
▪ Guest speakers from regulatory bodies, tour operators and other industry experts
▪ Group management techniques and voice training
▪ Practical on the job training including field trips. Day and overnight travel covered by tuition fee, participants are responsible for overnight accommodation and meals.
Institutes of Technology and Technical Universities operate a Higher Education Links Scheme.
- Fill out the online application form www.mit.enrol.ie/libertiesae/
- Applicants will be contacted in early September with an interview date and time. Interviews will take place in September 2022 from 17.00hrs to 19.00hrs.
APPLICATION AND ENROLMENT:
- Applicants will be invited to interview, if successful they will be required to enrol and pay a tuition fee in full at www.mit.enrol.ie/libertiesae/ prior to commencement of the course.
- Enrolment will take place online. To commence enrolment applicants are advised to visit and register at www.mit.enrol.ie/libertiesae/
- Tuition fees are paid by credit card, postal order or cheque payable to City of Dublin ETB.
- Applicants will be required to enrol and pay the full fee, prior to commencement of the course.