Wednesdays 16.50hrs – 18.50hrs
This course teaches the basic methods/ techniques of pottery for making 3D forms, including pinching, slabbing, coiling and throwing. Students will also get an opportunity to design and make craft pieces with both functional and decorative applications.
- Preparing clay for ceramic craftwork
- Roll and join clay to form slab pots
- Form and join coils to make coil pots
- Relief sculpture
- Decorate finished craftwork using glazes
- Introduction to throwing clay on the potter’s wheel
- Creative 3D hand building
- Mold making
FEATURES OF THE COURSE
- Tuition provided by experienced ceramics teacher
- Access to ceramic workshop
- Basic equipment/ materials supplied
For health and safety reasons students should wear closed footwear (no sandals or flip flops) and be aware that clothes may get messy although aprons will be provided.
This course caters for students who are new to working with clay or who want to refresh their existing skills. Application to the course is by enrolment
APPLICATION AND ENROLMENT:
- Application is by enrolment.
- Enrolment will take place online. To commence enrolment applicants are advised to visit and register at www.mit.enrol.ie/libertiesae/
- Tuition fees are paid by visa debit or credit card payable to City of Dublin ETB.
- Applicants will be required to enrol and pay the full fee, prior to commencement of the course.
Information correct at time of printing (15/03/23). The college reserves to right to make changes to course details.