This course provides advanced training on computer systems and networking technology. Students with suitable qualifications can apply for this Level 6 award or progress from the Networking Technician level 5 course.
Principal areas of study
- Physical and Logical Networking
- Systems Software
- Information Technology Administration
- Network Infrastructure
- Virtualisation Support
- Network Security
- Customer Service
- Work Experience
Features of this course
- Students complete a three week block of work experience in IT related businesses
- Networking for home and small business
- Practical experience in computer and network maintenance
- Access to industry standard software and networking hardware in a dedicated computer lab.
- Each level 6 student has access to their own industry grade server
- Optional access to Microsoft certifications at no extra cost
- Students can get advanced entry into second year of TU716 degree course
- DN201 L8 Computer Science – University College Dublin
- TU716 L7 Networking Technologies – TU Dublin City Campus
- TU860 L8 Computing – TU Blanchardstown
- TU859 L8 Computing – TU Tallaght
- TU856 L8 Computer Science – TU Dublin City Campus
- Network installation and maintenance in home computer usage and in small business networks.
- IT Technician roles in large IT and services companies
- Access to FIT apprenticeships
- Successful completion of QQI Level 5 Computer Systems and Networks 5M0536 or equivalent.
- Mature students with suitable experience and aptitude will be considered for this course
This is an occupation in high demand, with strong employment growth, a high volume of vacancies and evidence that employers are having difficulties filling vacancies.