Theatre, Film and Television Acting, Entertainment Industry
A course in Acting & Musical Theatre which emphasises the value of live performance in the development of an actor. Formal training to a high standard is provided alongside rehearsal and production schedules.
Principal areas of study
- Acting Skills and Techniques
- Performance Craft
- Theatre Studies
- Movement, Improvisation and Dance
- Text Analysis
- Theatre Studies
- Musical Theatre
- Dance Performance
- Technical Skills for Theatre
- Greek & Roman Theatre
- Audition Preparation
“I feel this course has really boosted my confidence as a performer. Every day I am constantly learning more and more regarding all aspects of performance and theatre. I’ve learned so much in my three years in this fantastic college. I would like to work in Theatre or further my training in London."
FEATURES OF THE COURSE
- This course demands from the student a high level of commitment to personal and professional development and training.
- Students work in different styles – classical, modern and contemporary works, including musical theatre.
- This course enables students to gain experience through three full productions each year, two internal productions and one full scale musical theatre production in a professional theatre venue.
- 6M5128 QQI L6 Classical Acting – Liberties College
- DK771 L7 Musical Theatre – Dundalk IT
- GY118 L8 Arts (Drama, Theatre and Performance Studies – NUI Galway
- TR025 L8 Drama & Theatre Studies – Trinity College Dublin
- 56636 L8 Acting – LIR Trinity College
- SG236 L7 Performing Arts – Sligo IT
Entry to the course is by audition/ workshop and interview (The Audition Process/Day takes place between 2 to 4 hours). Previous training in performance is not required. Applications from mature students particularly welcome.